At the heart of our Christian faith is the sure confidence that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, on account of Jesus Christ alone. All that we believe, teach, and confess is based on God’s Word alone.
The following is a brief summary of our beliefs, drawn from the Holy Bible, the infallible Word of God:
1. There is one true God, who created us and loves us.
Psalm 139:13 – You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 145:8-9 – The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made.
2. The one true God is the Holy Trinity – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 8:4 – There is no God but one.
Matthew 28:19 – Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
3. We do not fully experience God’s love because our sin has separated us from Him.
Isaiah 59:2 – Your iniquities have separated you from God.
Romans 8:7 – The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.
4. Lost in our sin, we cannot bring ourselves into a right relationship with God.
Psalm 51:5 – I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Ephesians 2:1 – You were dead in your transgressions and sins.
5. Although our sinful rebellion deserves God’s punishment, God does not want us to receive the judgment we deserve. In His love and mercy, God the Father sent his Son, Jesus, to save us from sin, death, and the devil.
John 3:16 – God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
1 John 4:9-10 – This is how God showed His love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
6. God the Son, Jesus Christ, saved us by becoming a man, living a sinless life, and dying on the cross as our substitute to pay the price for all our sins.
Isaiah 53:4-5 – Surely He took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered Him stricken by God, smitten by Him, and afflicted. But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
Galatians 4:4-5 – When the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
7. Jesus’ victory over sin, death, and the devil was publicly demonstrated and declared in His bodily resurrection from the dead.
1 Corinthians 15:3 &nd